Project and partners’ presentation
17 Jan, 2017
RYME + (Transnational network to support the internationalization of SMEs: innovative tools for matching and mentoring). It aims to develop and promote the business structure of the SUDOE area by increasing competitiveness, resilience, wealth and innovation creation and technological development of their SMEs, guiding them to international markets, benchmarking, to share good practices and to establish trade relationships.
RYME+ purpose is to capitalize the results of its forerunner (project RYME), within the scope of Interreg IV-B SUDOE that occurred between 2007 and 2013. In RYME it was develop and tested a methodology for the internationalization of companies from SUDOE Area (Portugal, Spain and France) in cooperation with partners from Brazil and USA. A hundred of technological companies participated in RYME project from the 5 countries involved from ITC, renewable energies and Biotechnology sectors.
RYME + will focus on supporting the internationalization of SUDOE SMEs, and will address to several priority sectors of the Interreg V-B SUDOE Programme: Environmental services and energy, air quality and emissions control, Biotechnology and health (including biomedicine and pharmaceutical industry); Creative industry; Industrial technologies (processes, equipment, machinery and components) in addition to ICT and creative industries in a transversal way. Thus, RYME + will meet the need for internationalization, common to these sectors and the participating regions according to their respective RIS3 strategies.
Regarding the partnership, there are 9 organizations involved in the project with complementary profiles and expertise, and committed to accomplish RYME+ objectives. The list of partners is the following:
1. Instituto Pedro Nunes - IPN (Portugal) (LEADER), created through a University of Coimbra initiative, IPN is a private non-profit organisation which promotes innovation and the transfer of technology, establishing the connection between the scientific and technological environment and the production sector.
2. Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Murcia - CEEIM (Spain), main instrument for the promotion and support of the technological entrepreneurship and technological based companies in Murcia
3. Chambre de commerce et d'industrie Région du Limousin - CCI LIMOUSIN France), whose mission is to promote innovative contents and the internationalization of companies by a wide range of services in the region of Limousin
4. NET - Novas Empresas e Tecnologias S.A. - NET (Portugal), another BIC located in Porto, aims at developing the creation and development of innovative and based technological companies
5. Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación del Principado de Asturias - CEEI Asturias (Spain), is another BIC specialized in working with entrepreneurs and innovative technological based companies most of them created as spin-offs from the main R&D performers in Asturias
6. Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de La Rochelle - CCI LA ROCHELLE (France), being the international development of companies its main activity by means of an extensive network of International Trade Advisors all around the country
7. BIOPÔLE Santé, (France) focused on the business development of companies and the establishment of collaborative partnerships between public labs and private companies.
8. PROASISTECH – Proyectos y Soluciones Tecnologicas Avanzadas S.L. (Spain), company located in CEEIM, that develops smart solutions in the fields of automatization, internet of things and smartcities, B CELL DESIGN (France), is a biotechnology company which develops innovative products and breakthrough therapeutic concepts for pharma industries.
Completing this partnership, other ten organizations from the SUDOE participating countries (Portugal, Spain and France) and from the foreign markets (Brazil, France, Israel, Portugal, The United States of America and Uruguay) will support and take part in the RYME + project as associated partners:
1. Instituto de Fomento de la región de Murcia (Spain)
2. Sociedad Promoción Exterior del Principado de Asturias (Spain)
3. AVRUL - Agence pour la Valorisation de la Recherche Universitaire du Limousin (France)
4. Openlimits – business Solutions, LDA (Portugal)
5. AICEP - Agencia para o Investimento e Comércio Externo de Portugal, EPE (Portugal)
6. Illinois Institute of Technology, University Technology Park (The United States of America)
7. IC2 Institute, The University of Texas in Austin (The United States of America)
8. CIETEC – Centro de Inovaçao, Empreendedorismo e Tecnologia (Brazil)
9. Agencia Nacional de Investigación e Innovación (Uruguay)
10. EMGI Israel, Next Generation Entrepreneurship (Israel)